Every morning on the beach here in Amritapuri, the fishermen drag their wooden canoes and pitch them into the waves. Once past the rough waters near shore, the fishermen can relax, and pursue their goal in still, deep waters.
We invite you to join us on such a journey. For twenty-eight days, we will immerse ourselves in wave after wave of sadhana—meditation, yoga, satsang and scripture classes. This sustained practice provides a unique opportunity to saturate ourselves in silence, to deeply connect with our inner Amma, and to establish stability in our practice.
By meditating together, we will envelop the entire world with powerful vibrations of peace. As Amma says, “Spiritual practice brings peace to our own mind and also helps to restore the balance of nature and the harmony of the world.”
This year we are delighted to welcome back Amma’s senior disciple, Swami Purnamritananda Puri. Swamiji will give satsang, guide us with his signature flute meditation and hold interviews with each participant in small groups.
We are also blessed to welcome Swami Atmananda Puri, who will speak on the essence of the Mandukya Upanishad and Br. Atmaprakash Chaitanya, who will speak on the essence of the Ishavasya Upanishad.
We warmly invite you to join us as we set off on this journey of self-discovery.
- Amritapuri in-person retreat
- Online full retreat
- Online Light – partial retreat
- Scripture Classes. Participants are presented a study of the Mandukya Upanishad with Swami Atmananda Puri in a series of lecture entitled, “Meditation is a Noun, not a Verb.” Br. Atmaprakash Chaitanya will present a study of the ancient Ishavasya Upanishad.
- Group Check-In w/ Swami Purnamritananda Puri. Senior disciple, Swami Purnamritananda Puri, has supported the Amrita Silent Retreats since the beginning in 2015. Swamiji will meet with all participants in small groups, giving them the opportunity to discuss their practices and ask questions.
- Senior Instructors. The retreat will be offered by members of the following core team of senior instructors: Narendra, Rasya, Vinod & Br. Mitramrita Chaitanya.
- Weekly Seva. Participants perform a couple hours of light seva (selfless service) in silence together once a week.
- Juice Fast and Restorative Yoga. On Thursdays, participants are led through a restorative yoga session and invited to observe a juice fast until dinner.
- Self-Practice Yoga Time.Midway through the retreat, during the allotted yoga time, participants have the option to either follow a guided yoga practice exploring different themes and sequences OR use the time for their own yoga self-practice.
- Online Participants. A unique opportunity to journey into silence for 28 days. For those with busy lives, customize your retreat, combining noble silence with the practices and your other responsibilities.
Requirements for Eligibility:
- Previously attended at least one 5-Day, 7-Day or 9-Day Amrita Silent Retreat
- Previously attended a silent meditation retreat of a minimum of 10 days in another lineage
- Maintain a regular meditation and yoga self-practice
**The requirements listed above must be met to be considered for admission into this retreat. Without meeting these requirements, please first attend one of our other residential silent meditation retreats. The Amrita Silent Retreats Committee reserves the right to select participants based on these prerequisites and the answers submitted in their application.**