This new retreat, the first of its kind being offered from July 26 – August 23, 2019, is a precious and unique opportunity to be supported in intensive silent meditation and other spiritual practices for 28 days in the presence of a Perfect Living Master.
Amma directly requested that this retreat be offered while she is in residence at Amritapuri.
Requirements for Eligibility :
- Previously attended at least one 5-Day, 7-Day or 9-Day Amrita Silent Retreat
- Previously attended a silent meditation retreat of a minimum of 10 days in another lineage
- Maintain a regular meditation and yoga self-practice
**The requirements listed above must be met to be considered for admission into this retreat. Without meeting these requirements, please first attend one of our other residential silent meditation retreats**
- Begins with a 9-Day Silent Retreat. After the first 9 days, the schedule changes to include:
- Scripture Classes. Participants are presented a thorough study of the 6th Chapter (Dhyana Yoga) of the Bhagavad Gita with Br. Ram Kumar and the Kena Upanishad with Br. Shraddhamrita Chaitanya.
- Group Check-In w/ Swami Poornamritananda Puri. Senior disciple, Swami Poornamritananda Puri, has supported the Amrita Silent Retreats since the beginning in 2015. Swamiji will meet with all participants in small groups, giving them the opportunity to discuss their practices and ask questions.
- Senior Instructors. The retreat will be offered by the core team of senior instructors and facilitators.
- Daily Seva Hour. Participants perform one hour of light seva (selfless service) in silence each day.
- Juice Fast, Restorative and Darshan Wednesdays. On Wednesdays, participants are led through a restorative yoga session, invited to observe a juice fast until dinner, and receive Amma’s Darshan.
- Freedom of Practice. The schedule includes blocks of time where participants have the freedom to choose how long to focus on their sitting and walking meditation.
- Self-Practice Yoga Time. During the allotted yoga time, participants have the option to either follow a guided yoga practice exploring different themes and sequences OR use the time for their own yoga self-practice.