After the overwhelming success of the first Monthlong Silent Retreat, we are happy to announce the dates for the second edition. The retreat will be held from August 25th – September 22nd, 2020. Amma has directly asked for this retreat to be offered while she is in residence at the Amritapuri ashram.
The first retreat filled up quickly – there was a waiting list a couple of months in advance of the start date. Registration opens earlier this year to give participants a chance to organize their schedules accordingly.
If you are considering enrollment, please note that registration opens in 2 phases; Nov 15th, 2019 for 1st time participants and Jan 1st, 2020 for repeat participants.
Requirements for Eligibility :
- Previously attended at least one 5-Day, 7-Day or 9-Day Amrita Silent Retreat
- Previously attended a silent meditation retreat of a minimum of 10 days in another lineage
- Maintain a regular meditation and yoga self-practice
**The requirements listed above must be met to be considered for admission into this retreat. Without meeting these requirements, please first attend one of our other residential silent meditation retreats. The Amrita Silent Retreats Committee reserves the right to select participants based on these prerequisites and the answers submitted in their application.**
Unique Features :
- Scripture Classes. Participants are presented a study of the Kena Upanishad with Br. Shraddhamrita Chaitanya and sections taken from the Bhagavad Gita with Br. Ram Kumar.
- Group Check-In w/ Swami Poornamritananda Puri. Senior disciple, Swami Poornamritananda Puri, has supported the Amrita Silent Retreats since the beginning in 2015. Swamiji will meet with all participants in small groups, giving them the opportunity to discuss their practices and ask questions.
- Senior Instructors. The retreat will be offered by members of the core team of senior instructors and facilitators.
- Daily Seva Hour. Participants perform one hour of light seva (selfless service) in silence each day.
- Juice Fast, Restorative and Darshan Thursdays. On Thursdays, participants are led through a restorative yoga session, invited to observe a juice fast until dinner, and receive Amma’s Darshan.
- Self-Practice Yoga Time. Midway through the retreat, during the allotted yoga time, participants have the option to either follow a guided yoga practice exploring different themes and sequences OR use the time for their own yoga self-practice.