Monthlong Silent Retreat
For Experienced Practitioners
Requirements for Eligibility :
- Previously attended at least one 5-Day, 7-Day or 9-Day Amrita Silent Retreat
- Previously attended a silent meditation retreat of a minimum of 10 days in another lineage
- Maintain a regular meditation and yoga self-practice
**The requirements listed above must be met to be considered for admission into this retreat. Without meeting these requirements, please first attend one of our other residential silent meditation retreats. The Amrita Silent Retreats Committee reserves the right to select participants based on these prerequisites and the answers submitted in their application.**
Unique Features :
- Scripture Classes. Participants are presented a study of the Kena Upanishad with Swami Atmananda Puri and sections taken from the Bhagavad Gita with Br. Atmaprakash Chaitanya.
- Group Check-In w/ Swami Poornamritananda Puri. Senior disciple, Swami Poornamritananda Puri, has supported the Amrita Silent Retreats since the beginning in 2015. Swamiji will meet with all participants in small groups, giving them the opportunity to discuss their practices and ask questions.
- Senior Instructors. The retreat will be offered by members of the core team of senior instructors and facilitators.
- Daily Seva Hour. Participants perform one hour of light seva (selfless service) in silence each day.
- Juice Fast and Restorative Yoga. On Thursdays, participants are led through a restorative yoga session and invited to observe a juice fast until dinner.
- Self-Practice Yoga Time. Midway through the retreat, during the allotted yoga time, participants have the option to either follow a guided yoga practice exploring different themes and sequences OR use the time for their own yoga self-practice.
Claire M, France, 33 yrs
Nalini Prakalathanan, Australia, 43 yrs
Frances Sandra Bloom, USA, 77
Sandra S, Germany, 42 yrs
Katri Levonen, Finland, 41 yrs
Nitya Amrita, Australia, 63 yrs
No Events on The List at This Time